March 12, 2016

Spring Primroses

Every year, I look forward to seeing
primroses for sale in my local grocery store.


Look at this wave of color!
Who can resist bringing home one of these
signs of springtime sweetness?


Then, every spring, I get my little flower home...
and it looks kind of...lonely...in that plastic pot.
Oh.My. Kind of sad.
:0(



I had planned to use the primrose as a prop
for my latest blog photos.
So...I took 5 minutes and a few supplies
that I had on hand,
and I gave my little primrose pot a makeover.


Do you have 5 minutes?
Here's a fun way to spend it.

{Note: This pot has no drainage holes. If yours has holes,
you'll need to place some plastic around the pot,
to keep the paper dry.}

All you need is a bowl and a piece of coordinating tissue wrapping paper.


Choose a bowl that is slightly larger than the flower pot.
My bowl is an unlikely candidate, with that Pittsburgh Pirates logo!

However...on the other sides,
it's a lovely plain white, with a slim black line around the rim.
It's perfect for my blog photos
and the logo doesn't show from most angles.


Next prepare the tissue wrap.
All you need is one piece, and it can be slightly wrinkled.
Cut 8 to 10 rectangles from the tissue paper,
each measuring about 6" x 10". 
Hold each one in the center, and shape it into a tuft,
as shown in the photo.


Place the flower pot into the bowl,
and tuck the tissue tufts in between the two containers,
until you are pleased with the fluffy layer.


That's a lot better!
My primrose has a pretty tutu for her blog debut.


I hope you'll find a way to brighten your spring days, too!

{Stop by again soon to see more of that table topper!}



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Amy, those flowers are so pretty and I can see why you
    would be waiting for them to come in at the store! Those
    colours are awesome. I also love the bunny fabric underneath
    the plants!....yum.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love those Primroses I love that table topper even more. What is that fabric? I love it! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to showcase these gorgeous Primrose blossoms!
    Can't wait to see more details on your beautiful and springy table topper!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.