October 3, 2014

Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies - A Recipe to Share

If your back-to-school days have been
anything like mine,
there's just not much time for baking.
That's why I love stirring up these
Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies!



Here's how I make them...starting with these ingredients.


Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
                        2 cups sugar                   1/2 cup peanut butter
                        1/2 cup butter                 1 tsp. vanilla
                        2/3 cup evaporated milk   1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
                        3 1/2 cups oatmeal (regular or quick-cooking, uncooked)

Mix sugar, butter, and evaporated milk in a medium saucepan.
Bring mixture to a rolling boil, and boil 5 minutes,
stirring frequently to prevent from burning.
Remove pan from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
Now fold in peanuts and oatmeal.
Spoon onto foil-lined cookie sheets, shaping into cookies.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Once you've got the cookie "dough" ready,
you'll want to work quickly to drop them onto the foil.



 The cookies set up in a few minutes, as they cool off completely.


This recipe makes quite a few cookies,
but they're very tasty, so people tend to eat lots of them.


It makes enough to fill two full cookie sheets.


Wouldn't you like to welcome home someone special,
with some sweet treats like this?


Now I just need to come up with a sweet No-Sew project,
for these busy days when I can't get near my sewing machine!

{Hey...that's not a bad idea! I think I'll see what I can come up with.}

Until then, I hope you'll enjoy this recipe!




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love these cookies! In my family I am known as the one that can't do the "no-bakes", because I've never made a batch that sets up immediately. It always takes at least overnight, and often not even then. My sister sometimes can't get them out of the bowl quickly enough before they set. She never lets me forget that, either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for an easy recipe and I spy "Elementary" under one of the yummy plate of cookies. Great post Amy! ~Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great fall recipe.... that you can finish quickly to get back to the sewing machine to make a fall project!! Yummy!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.