October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is here!
I've made some new mug rugs to celebrate.


Both patterns are from The Patchsmith.
The first one is the Primitive Pumpkin Mug Rug.
This pattern is available individually,


I had the most fun creating the pumpkin
from a variety of orange fabrics in my stash.
The Patchsmith method was so innovative and easy...
as are all of her designs!


I couldn't resist making a Jack-O-Lantern mug rug, too!


For this mug rug,
Once the basic mug rug was stitched,
I jazzed it up using The Patchsmith's


I like those missing teeth...
someone's been eating too much candy.


I finished both of these off using my own 
These mug rugs look almost as nice on the back, 
if I say so myself!


I hope you'll have a chance to make your own mug rugs,
then enjoy a nice cup of hot cider 
and a sweet treat this Halloween!


Don't worry, though, if you're too late for Halloween...
pumpkins are welcome all the way through November!



Pin It

7 comments:

  1. They are so cute. Now I have to go check your binding tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I noticed the wide binding, it looks cool, now to check the tutorial- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew cute ! I love love love your fabrics!
    The Primitive Pumpkin and Crow pattern happens to be one of my favorite Patchsmith patterns!
    You have beautiful mug rugs for many fall holidays to come now!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the smartest Halloween mug rugs I have EVER seen. Your fabric choices, as always are chic, elegant and perfect. And your binding tutorial is the best.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for these ideas for autumn mug rugs! Too much candy, hmm? :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're gorgeous, lovely finishing as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impeccable machine binding as usual Amy. Well done! Love those fabrics too and a shout out to the pattern originator so clever!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.