May 1, 2013

Across the Pond Sew Along - May Baskets

Welcome to the merry, merry month of May...
it's time to announce what's next in the

{If you haven't joined already, it's never too late!}


It was my turn again to choose the project,
and I decided to select a THEME for May...
BASKETS.

There are so many beautiful and functional basket projects
out there for those of us who love to sew and quilt.
I'll get you started with some free projects and 
a tried-and-true pattern for sale.

Have you seen this Divided Basket by Noodlehead
that is so popular in so many of the cool blogs?
It's a for-sale PDF pattern that I've bought
and am totally in love with.

Photo:  Noodlehead - Divided Basket pattern
There are lots of fabulous versions
featured all over the web...
my heart skipped a beat when I saw
the one Julie made, at The Crafty Quilter!

{I've had a chance to make two of them already,
and I'll be showing them later in the month.}

Photo:  The Crafty Quilter blog

If you're looking for a free tutorial
for a fabric basket,
this one from the Make It Do blog
looks so charming!

She modified a tutorial from The Sometimes Crafter, adding handles.
You've got to stop by and see what purpose
this adorable basket is serving!

{It will make you smile, I guarantee it!}



Photo:  Make It Do blog
Basket blocks have been featured in
many quilt designs over the years...
in appliqued quilts...

Photo:  Basket Quilt by Always Quilts
pieced quilts...

Photo:  Bella Rose Quilts
and combinations of piecing and applique.

Photo:  Q is for Quilter blog
Remember last summer,
when I created my Zakk-ini Bread Basket?
That was a lot of fun, too...
what a great Mother's Day present that would make!



Don't forget to stop by and visit my co-hosts
Amanda The Patchsmith
and Susie's Sunroom,
to get more ideas for basket-making.

Share your finishes in our Flickr group for the
Across the Pond Sew Along.

{Stop by later for more updates on my May Basket finishes!}

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Perfect choice of project Amy and perfect timing - the shelf fell down in my workroom last night and I need to find some storage space quickly. I love the Make it Do basket and will have a go at that one this weekend. Who knows - if it makes up quickly I might try different sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool, fabric baskets are on my list for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nfl jerseys cheapVery creative, the style, thank you for your sharing,great blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baskets you showed us are sooo pretty!
    I am going over to Make It Do blog, and I bought the Noodlehead Divided Basket already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen that noodlehead basket and bought the pattern. Two of my colleagues are having babies, and I think I'll make those and stuff them with diapers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One can never have too many baskets! I can't wait to see yours, Amy.
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought two *basket* patterns today as I need to get making some.
    One is the Noodlehead divided basket!
    Perfect choice for me :0)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.