March 26, 2013

Easter Bunny Tracks in the Snow

Hippity, hoppity,
Easter's on its way!



But first, a little snowfall whitened the ground
here in western Pennsylvania,
not far from where Punxsutawney Phil made his faulty
prediction for an early spring.

I found some tracks in the snow this morning,
clearly made by bunnies!


I've always loved bunnies,
so a few years ago I made a whole bunch of them,
when I designed my
Multiplying Rabbits quilt!

{Yes, it's time again to show a quilt I made a long time ago, before my blog was born.}


The fabrics I used are from the first complete line
that I ever fell head-over-heels for,
Paris Flea Market by 3 Sisters for Moda.

{I still love it that much, and it's been re-released!}


I can't draw to save my life,
but I somehow created a bunny silhouette
that I really love.




I put cottontails on each one,
to show they have their backs to us...
because they're so shy.


Some of the bunnies are facing the same direction...



and others are mirror images.

{I think they're in love!}


They won't run away...
the picket fence keeps them safe and warm inside my house.


I'm pretty proud of my quilting,
done on my home machine.

I did a ton of stippling,
right over the machine appliqued rabbits.
For the borders, I used
Golden Threads quilting paper
and traced a continuous floral design onto the border.

{After washing, the quilt is soooo soft, crinkly and snuggly.}


I love bringing this quilt out every Easter...


But I'm pretty sure this is the first time
I've brought it out in the snow for Easter!


Whatever the weather in your area,
I wish you all a very Happy Easter,
filled with joy and blessings!


Pin It

15 comments:

  1. So adorable!! Absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, your rabbits are so dang cute! I love the floppy ear and the fabrics are perfect for your bunnies. If you ever want to share your bunny silhouette with your readers, I'm sure we(me)will put it to good use! I hope things thaw out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful. Everything about it is so sweet -- the bunnies, fence, hearts in the corners, and their cute little tails! :) Do you use a walking foot for your machine quilting? I've done a few pieces by machine, but do not have a walking foot, and have pretty much stuck with straight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! Love your bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! I would have fallen in love with those fabrics too! Great job.... would love to feel it in person - especially while standing in the snow. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter Amy! What an adorable shy bunny you created! And it was a great idea to go outside, in the snow with your dear quilt. Weather is the same to us, but we hope...my Easter is on 5th of May!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely! I adore Paris Flea Market.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sweet rabbits are just lovely! The silhouette shape is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love. Love. Love! Such sweet little bunnies! I'm so glad you shared thm with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE and ADORE this beautiful quilt. It is one of my favorites of yours, Amy!
    Everything.... from your bunny shapes to the tail to the quilting to the fabrics you chose!

    susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt ! The bunny shapes are great for someone who can't draw!!! I love how the fabrics give it an elegant look too !

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable, Amy! Of course...I love everything you make so it's no surprise I adore this as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely positively adorable! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHat a wonderful thing to bring out on Easter... and really nice silhouette ; ) The quilting looks great, I am not at theat level yet LOL!! I do have a question about how you start.. do you back stitch at the beginning or do a knot stitch. I always wonder about that part?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your original quilt is just gorgeous!!

    Are you sure those aren't Ginger tracks in the snow.... just sayin' ....
    Love it totally!

    susie

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.