October 14, 2012

Autumn Leaves

Here in Pennsylvania,
autumn is here, in all it's glory.


The trees are showing off their finest colors...


and even the weeds are beautiful!

{That's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it!}



Come on into my house, 
and let me show you some of my favorite fall decorations!


I put away some of my sewing stuff, 
so I could display my autumn accessories.

I like this little serving tray, made from a pressed bottle...
just right for some cheese cubes!

The little plates in the shape of leaves make a pretty stack,
and they hold my zakka ribbon until
it's time to wrap a special present.


A few years ago, I found this little painted jar
at our town's Apple N Arts Festival.

I just love these bright pumpkins against the dark green background,
dressed up with a homespun rag ribbon and some fragrant cinnamon sticks!


The cooling temperatures of fall
invite me to sit down and do some hand-stitching in the evenings,
whenever I can.

My dear friend Amelia has some quilts 
that her mother had started, but was unable to finish
before she passed away.

There was one that members of her sewing circle made together.
The flower blocks were all hand-appliqued by the members.


They were sewn into the quilt top, which was hand-quilted!



{Amelia's mom won the raffle for the quilted top.}

I stitched on a forest green binding to finish this pretty quilt...



and I'm happy to say Amelia now has a
finished quilt for her bed, to bring back happy memories of her mother.


I made this Autumn Leaves wall hanging back in 2007.

{Actually it belongs to my mom now,
but she let me borrow it to share with you.}



The pattern was from a booklet
I had a bounty of fall fabrics in various shades of
plum, brown, green, pumpkin and gold.

{Most of the prints were from Thimbleberries lines.}



I used fusible webbing for the leaves,
and used my sewing machine to blanket-stitch
around each leaf's edge.


For the quilting I stitched around the outside of the leaves...


and quilted feathers in the border.


Welcome, Autumn leaves!


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Weeds are only flowers growing in the wrong place and we have all been in the wrong place at sometime so be kind to them. As for the leaf quilt - it is a stunner. What a lucky mum you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing you autumn home with us!
    Lovely quilts you show us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful quilting on your leaf quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your Autumn leaves and colors! PS I had fun making your tumbler mug rug yesterday! I posted it on your flickr site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How inviting!! I LOVE the pressed bottle. And you quilt....absolutley beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.